Shirley history
Shirley History
On November 2, 1901, Fred Brandenburg, William Falck, John Hallfrisch, Heinrich Renike, and Charles Seefeldt signed the incorporation papers for Immanuel Evangelical Lutheran Church of Shirley. The old school and church building were torn down in 1965, and the current building was dedicated on June 12th, 1966, the 65th anniversary of its organization.
From Immanuel’s beginning, the congregation was concerned about the Christian training of their children. In 1915 a district schoolhouse was bought and moved onto the church property. Immanuel’s school closed in 2012 but our church family’s commitment to Christian training continues now at Living Savior, as well as continuing partnerships with area Lutheran High Schools (Manitowoc Lutheran and Fox Valley Lutheran)